Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Ensure successful Forte software deployments and support by:
- Consulting with customers and project team members regarding products being adopted.
- Installation, configuration and support of customer application environments.
- Delivering and installing product releases.
- Providing Forte product software updates, server/hardware specifications, purchasing guidance, setup and configuration and technical support to our customers.
- Training and supporting customer technical staff on the administration of customer environments.
- Developing and maintaining installation and configuration procedures for Forte software products.
Provide reliable information system performance by:
- Performing system monitoring and maintenance, verifying the integrity and availability of server resources, and reviewing system and application logs.
- Evaluating and planning for future technical needs of the customer.
- Developing and maintaining installation and configuration procedures of customer environments.
- Responding to customer requests through the issue tracking system.
- Training customer technical staff on software installation and upgrade procedures.
- Identifying and installing patches and upgrades as required by processes.
- Performing ongoing performance tuning and resource optimization as required.
Job Qualifications & Job Evaluation
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline required; equivalent relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement
- Working knowledge of clinical trial process and medical informatics is preferred.
- Minimum 1-4 years of total systems administration experience including 1+ years with Linux/UNIX operating systems or requisite work experience, working knowledge of Windows Server operating systems preferred.
- Working knowledge of networking security, firewalls, VPNs.
- Experience administrating, configuring and installing: JBoss, Apache, Oracle, RedHat/CentOS Linux and Windows Server is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated customer interaction skills including listening, writing, and speaking. Must demonstrate the ability to confer technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and understand the necessary components of a solution through analysis, planning, testing and reporting.
- Strong attention to detail to diagnose problems and ensure that solutions address the problem.
- Demonstrate proficient ability to capture and document software/hardware issues.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage project activities with and through internal relationships including Customer Support, Engineering, Quality Assurance and Project Management.
- Demonstrated accountability in project ownership and solution oriented work approach.
- Planning, organizing, setting objectives and managing time to meet deadlines.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Licenses & Certifications
A+, Network+, Security+, RHCSA, MCSA, and/or MCSE preferred, not required
Share This Position
Forte Research Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local laws.