Accountant (Madison, WI)
The Accountant will be responsible for entering and managing data into the company’s OpenAir system. This role will coordinate workflows and data into the system across cross functional teams. The accountant role will set project timelines and handle all data entry into the OpenAir system. The ideal candidate can work independently, communicate with internal teams, interpret business needs and turn them into a project plan.
Essential Job Duties
- Migrate data from the company’s existing financial system to OpenAir.
- Perform data entry of contract related information into key systems and coordinates cross departmental tasks.
- Maintains accurate client data in internal systems.
- Set up and maintain client agreements and contracts, project deliverables, and milestones within OpenAir.
- Review charges and create invoices for project.
- Set up billing schedules and work closely with Accounting to ensure customers are billed correctly.
- Work in close collaboration with internal teams to best support customers and internal teams.
Job Qualifications & Job Evaluation
Documentation: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Equivalent work experience considered.
- 2+ years’ work experience within a professional services/office environment.
- Project management experience, preferred.
- Experience with NetSuite and OpenAir, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to interact with cross functional teams.
- High level of accuracy inputting data and information.
- Strong organizational skills demonstrating the ability to prioritize projects effectively.
- Ability to read and understand contracts.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written interpersonal communication.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time and multi-task.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; World, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Licenses & Certifications
- None required
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Forte Research Systems, now part of Advarra, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.