Application Support Engineer (Madison, WI)
Essential Job Duties
- Understand the architecture and operational flow of web-based applications.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and structured data sets.
- Continual development of technical knowledge base around the use of Forte products.
- Comply with industry and customer security, privacy and confidentiality policies.
- Develop queries and reports to assist with and facilitate customer inquiries.
- Develop, test and document SQL scripts and stored procedures to rectify application data or database logic issues.
- Conduct technical root cause analysis on application and integration issues including but not limited to:
o Writing and executing queries within the application database
o Analyzing application server logs
o Recreating customer issues within internal environments
o Creating and investigating SQL trace files
o Using performance monitoring tools
- Provide detailed communication to outline corrective action for current problems and provide guidance to the SDLC team on long term solutions for recurrent issues.
- Ability to work closely with cross functional teams as well as customers to solve non-trivial problems.
- Participate in retrospective analysis to identify improvements in process, application functionality and/or tools and utilities.
Job Qualifications & Job Evaluation
Documentation: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; or equivalent work experience.
- Proven track record of strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills including capacity to make self-directed progress towards a solution.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficient in SQL
o Understanding & writing complex queries to diagnose and troubleshoot issues
o DML and DDL operations
- Ability to learn and master Forte’s proprietary software
- Innate technical curiosity
- Relentless problem solver
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate and work to solve issues across functional teams.
- Exposure to the following is a plus:
o SDLC processes
o Report writing tools
Forte Research Systems, now part of Advarra, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.