Product Support Specialist (Madison, WI)
Forte is the industry-leading provider of software and services in the critical areas of clinical trial management, clinical data management and research administration for cancer centers, academic medical centers and health systems.
As a member of the team, you will provide support to our customers through a variety of methods. You will also liaise with the internal project management, engineering, and systems administration teams. An ability to quickly master the complexities of our clinical research management platform will be essential in this role. This role consists of 85% customer support and 15% training.
Essential Job Duties (in order of priority)
- Become a software expert in the all applications of the Forte product suite, their points of integration, and what problems each product solves for a given customer. Share this expertise with all other cross-functional teams at Forte as necessary
- Develop a deep understanding of customer processes and standard operating procedures
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 support, via phone or e-mail, to provide responses to inquiries and troubleshoot complex issues by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms. These support issues require multiple days or weeks to fully resolve. Facilitate troubleshooting and communication across multiple teams to provide customers with effective solutions quickly
- Develop long-term relationships with customers; understanding their operational goals in order to drive prescriptive recommendations regarding application workflows, additional Forte products and/or functionality, and process improvements. Work closely with the Customer Relationship team to implement and enable additional functionality.
- Provide technical expertise for all Forte product implementations including establishing timelines, leading meetings and facilitating necessary follow-ups in order to get a customer live with new functionality.
- Document cases and customer interactions using issue tracking system
- Demonstrate responsiveness and sense of urgency in all customer interactions
- Research issues by collaborating with other internal resources when a solution is not readily available
- Serve as a liaison between the customer and the software development team to resolve issues
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Advocate for customers by coordinating and communicating suggestions for software enhancements
- Identify, escalate and/or redirect priority issues to others as needed
- Stay current with application updates and demonstrate new functionality to customers
- Conduct training programs for customers and internal team members for groups up to 25 attendees
- Provide product demonstrations to support the needs of the existing customer base and the business development team
- Serve as internal escalation point for challenging issues. Manage communication with customer leadership with daily updates until issue is resolved. Act as a customer advocate during these escalations, assigning specific action items to other team members as necessary to deliver timely resolutions
Job Qualifications & Job Evaluation
Documentation: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree; or relevant experience required
- Experience providing customer support for software applications
- Experience conducting training for existing customers or prospects
- Previous experience within software industry or clinical research is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Effective communication skills, including listening, writing, and speaking
- Strong time management skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to translate customer requirements into product functionality and design
- Ability to work independently and integrate into a team environment
- Ability to lead training sessions with confidence
Licenses & Certifications
- None required
- Ability to lift 25 pounds