Senior Software Business Analyst (Madison, WI)
A successful Senior Software Business Analyst must be passionate about building products that customers love. This role works in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and works with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products aligned with the company’s vision and strategy.
Essential Job Duties:
- Serve as a liaison between the customer community and the software development life cycle teams.
- Lead the requirements gathering process with customers, subject matter experts, and internal Forte teams.
- Actively participate and contribute to sprint activities including release planning, case break-down, development of requirements and user stories, and estimation.
- Work closely with the Product Owner to assist with backlog refinement and release management.
- Develop approaches to move stuck or blocked cases forward in the process.
- Create mockups, wireframes, and prototypes that illustrate current and future workflows.
- Understand user experience principles and apply user interface guidelines when designing solutions.
- Work with the Product Owner to analyze customer problems, how they relate product strategy, and how they can be solved on a product’s roadmap.
- Support the release management process by anticipating feature-level as well as project-level risks and identifying mitigation strategies.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to review test plans, test scenarios, and test cases.
- Work with Product Support and Training teams to write product documentation as needed.
- Share business analysis best practices and techniques with peer group.
- Identify efforts to improve software development life cycle processes.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS in Information Technology, Project Management, Science or related field preferred.
- Equivalent and relevant work experience considered.
- 5+ years of previous experience in software development business analysis.
- Previous experience in related software development lifecycle activities or support.
- Previous experience in clinical research or healthcare technology a plus.
- Experience with agile/scrum preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Innate curiosity about users, processes, and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and understand the necessary components of a solution through planning, cost/benefit analysis, testing and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, writing, and speaking. Must demonstrate the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Effective technical writing skills, including previous experience documenting user requirements and designing software features.
- Ability to identify the required stakeholders throughout design, development, and implementation processes.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and build consensus with various internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrated accountability in project ownership.
- Willingness to embrace and drive change.
- Ability to lead customer-facing group requirement sessions with confidence and conciseness.
- Proficient in a case management and a design mockup tool.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient in email.
Licenses & Certifications
- None required.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.