Director, Quality Assurance (Madison, WI)
Essential Job Duties
- Provides high-level direction for manual and automated test strategy across multiple products in an Agile environment.
- Defines goals and direction for QA team.
- Responsible for recruiting, motivating, and retaining top talent.
- Improves and maintains QA processes to meet the needs of the company and product.
- Ensures company direction is presented clearly to QA team.
- Ensures that testers and automation engineers are trained in QA best practices and security testing methodologies.
- Monitors quality across all products through metrics.
- Collaborates with Product Management and Engineering to continuously improve SDLC processes.
- Communicates quality initiatives and concerns with other Directors and Senior Leadership.
Job Qualifications & Job Evaluation
Documentation: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline is preferred.
- Equivalent and relevant work experience will be considered.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Quality Assurance.
- 5+ years leading QA teams.
- Experience managing small to medium size teams of highly competent, self-driven professionals.
- Experience leading teams in an Agile environment.
- Experience leading large testing efforts for web-based software.
- Experience developing automation frameworks.
- Experience working cross functionally with Product Management and Engineering leadership.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate problems and develop effective solutions.
- Willing to work at tasks outside of normal duties if needed to support management objectives.
Forte Research Systems, now part of Advarra, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.