Senior Customer Relationship Manager (Madison, WI)
Forte is the industry-leading provider of software and services in the critical areas of clinical trial management, clinical data management and research administration for cancer centers, academic medical centers and health systems.
Essential Job Duties (in order of priority)
- Facilitate a positive and productive long-term relationship with each assigned customer through effective account management.
- Cultivate and maintain strategic customer relationships.
- Sell to a portfolio of key accounts.
- Provide account leadership for the customer's major Forte initiatives (this would include some project management and solutions consulting).
- Develop strategy based on specific needs of the customer.
- Identify sales/revenue opportunities.
- Work in close collaboration with internal teams including product management/development, project management, and product support.
- Communicate meaningful customer feedback to Marketing, Sales and Product Management/Development teams.
- Liaise with internal teams to ensure proper pre-and post-sales service.
- Work with marketing to provide ideas for new customer facing collateral, slides, case studies, etc.
- Participates in both client and internal team communications and meetings.
- Successfully manage internal and external expectations, ensuring daily project deadlines and priorities are met within all teams/departments to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Analyze existing processes and procedures and identify deficiencies; participate and/or lead process improvement efforts.
- Track, maintain, and analyze records of customer survey participation and results.
- Lead by example displaying a positive, service first attitude to internal / external clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Job Evaluation
Documentation: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field. Equivalent relevant work experience will be considered.
- 8+ years previous experience in customer contact, customer success, and/or account management.
- Enterprise software experience required.
- Experience in clinical research or academic medical centers preferred.
- Experience using an enterprise CRM.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Proven ability to quickly learn a substantial amount of product knowledge.
- Excellent presentation skills, ability to communicate to key stakeholders both in person and via the web or over the phone.
- Proven ability to balance multiple concurrent projects based on client needs and team workload.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication to establish rapport, credibility and trust in the market segments.
- Strong communication skills, including listening, writing, and speaking.
- Ability to discuss technical issues with technical and non-technical audiences and work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Self-motivated, organized, capable of multi-tasking and attentive to details.
- Process driven and a demonstrated history of thinking outside the box.
- Ability to operate with a high level of autonomy.
- Ability to understand the big picture as well as dig into the details.