Technical Support Specialist (Madison,WI)
Essential Job Duties (in order of priority)
- Supporting Windows and Apple desktop environments, notebooks, other mobile devices, printers, including equipment setup, configuration, and ongoing technical support;
- Providing software updates and upgrades to workstations and other equipment, such as anti-virus, Microsoft Office, and other workstation software
- Administer, support and utilize internal issue tracking system(s)
- Support telephone, videoconference, and A/V needs for team members
- Recommending, ordering and tracking hardware and software purchases
- Evaluating requests for new software solutions as part of a larger technical team
- Participate in rotating critical support duties, as well as support company events, outside of normal business hours
Job Qualifications & Job Evaluation
Documentation: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of technical support experience in Windows, Apple and mobile environments
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in technical work environments with mature, well defined processes and procedures, preferred
- Interest in learning how to administer, configure and install: Apache; IIS; MySQL; MSSQL, Active Directory, preferred
- Familiarity with Linux (Red Hat/CentOS), preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- None required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Forte Research Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.