Technical Support Specialist (Madison,WI)
Forte is the industry-leading provider of software and services in the critical areas of clinical trial management, clinical data management and research administration for cancer centers, academic medical centers and health systems.
Essential Job Duties (in order of priority)
- Supporting Windows and Apple desktop environments, notebooks, other mobile devices, printers, including equipment setup, configuration, and ongoing technical support;
- Providing software updates and upgrades to workstations and other equipment, such as anti-virus, Microsoft Office, and other workstation software
- Administer, support and utilize internal issue tracking system(s)
- Support telephone, videoconference, and A/V needs for team members
- Recommending, ordering and tracking hardware and software purchases
- Evaluating requests for new software solutions as part of a larger technical team
- Provide support for company conferences and off-site meetings. Involves travel to conference sites and extended hours support up to three weeks a year.
Job Qualifications & Job Evaluation
Documentation: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of technical support experience in Windows, Apple and mobile environments
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in technical work environments with mature, well defined processes and procedures, preferred
- Knowledge of or interest in learning how to administer, configure and install: Active Directory, PDQ, JAMF, Windows Server
- Familiarity with Mac OS and Linux preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
- None required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds