Account Executive (Madison, WI)
Forte is the industry-leading provider of software and services in the critical areas of clinical trial management, clinical data management and research administration for cancer centers, academic medical centers and health systems.
Essential Duties (in order of importance)
- Utilize a consultative sales process to identify, qualify and secure new clients in academic medical centers, cancer centers, and health systems.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills to establish credibility and trust in the market segments.
- Build a sales pipeline through lead generation activities, assisted by inbound marketing efforts.
- Manage the end-to-end sales process for all opportunities across Forte products and services including initial client communication, web-based and onsite presentations, contract negotiations and closure.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Work collaboratively with the integrated sales and marketing team.
- Work in close collaboration with internal teams in product development, project management, and product support.
Job Qualification & Job Evaluation
Documentation: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Healthcare and/or clinical research experience is preferred.
- Enterprise software experience preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in direct sales, account management or business development experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication to establish rapport, credibility and trust in the market segments.
- Strong communication skills, including listening, writing, and speaking.
- Ability to present information in a confident and concise manner.
- Must be self-motivated, capable of multi-tasking and attentive to details.
- Demonstrated ability to use a consultative sales approach.
- Ability to quickly grasp prospective customer’s business objectives and align them with the appropriate Forte solutions.
- Ability to maintain strong sales management focus during sales cycles that are typically 12+ months in duration.
- Demonstrated analytical and negotiation skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time to various customer and conference locations.
Forte Research Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.