QA Software Engineer (Madison, WI)
Forte is the industry-leading provider of software and services in the critical areas of clinical trial management, clinical data management and research administration for cancer centers, academic medical centers and health systems.
QA Software Engineers collaborate with their cross-functional agile team to deliver high quality releases. As the champion of quality, QA Software Engineers use their risk-based testing mindset to help prevent defects during design and implementation in addition to being excellent at finding bugs.
Essential Job Duties
- Creatively and efficiently advocating for quality in web-based research software
- Collaborating with a cross functional software development life cycle team to ensure high quality, timely product releases
- Developing risked-based test strategies and manually executing test cases
- Identifying and documenting defects in the software
- Managing product quality through issue prioritization, test planning, design review, and cross team communication
- Working closely with engineers and business analysts to improve the quality of our products and related processes
Job Qualifications & Job Evaluation
Documentation: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years of software testing experience preferred
- Proficiency in testing web applications, databases, and interfaces
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage software testing projects
- Familiarity with manual and automated test strategies
- Strong attention to detail
- Collaborative approach to problem solving with an Agile mindset
- Familiarity with SQL and Oracle databases
Licenses & Certifications
- None required
- Ability to lift 25 pounds