eLearning Developer – Internship (Madison, WI)
Reports to: Director of Training
Essential Job Duties
- Help develop short product demonstration videos and/or eLearning modules to teach customers about Forte’s products.
- Use existing documentation, resources, and subject matter experts (SMEs) to familiarize yourself with Forte’s software products.
- Write scripts or storyboards when designing new training content.
- Gather and incorporate feedback from subject matter experts (SMEs) into scripts and videos.
- Record and edit audio for videos and/or eLearning content.
- Take screenshots or screen video captures to use in eLearning content.
- Edit and publish videos and/or eLearning content.
- Help update existing videos and/or eLearning in Forte’s content library.
- Develop assessments to test learners’ understanding of on-demand training content.
- Review, update, and develop product documentation.
- Add new and updated content to Forte’s learning management system (LMS).
Job Qualifications & Job Evaluation
Documentation: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program (bachelor’s or associate’s degree) with a major/focus in Digital Media, eLearning, Instructional Design, Graphic Design, Communications, Digital Studies, Marketing, or other related field.
- 1+ years of relevant experience or 2+ years of relevant coursework preferred.
- Experience with Camtasia, Articulate Storyline, Articulate 360, Captivate, Lectora, Final Cut Pro, or other eLearning development/video production software strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with learning management systems (LMS) is helpful, but not required.
- Previous experience within the clinical research or software industry is helpful, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A learner mindset: You are creative and methodical; you enjoy creating educational content that is succinct, clear, and engaging.
- Ability to understand big picture strategy and develop content tactics to meet goals.
- Ability to produce well-written, informative and interesting content that is original and engaging.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, while also possessing strong organizational skills to work independently.
Licenses & Certifications
- None required
- Ability to lift 25 pounds