Senior HR Generalist (Madison, WI)
Forte is the industry-leading provider of software and services in the critical areas of clinical trial management, clinical data management and research administration for cancer centers, academic medical centers and health systems.
The Senior Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing duties at the senior professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, recruitment/employment, performance management, benefits administration, and employment law compliance. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization and works collaboratively across the company.
Essential Job Duties:
- Conduct full cycle recruitment for a variety of technical and professional positions. Identifying recruitment channels and targeted outreach based on the role.
- Provide guidance and support to leaders to manage and maximize the skills/capabilities of their team members to create an environment of high performance and openness.
- Counsel managers on items specific to employment law and other employee relations items.
- Stay up to date on employment law and relevant HR law and inform the Forte HR team on key updates.
- Act as a mentor to the existing Forte HR team; providing guidance and training on HR best practices, HR law updates, etc.
- Work with the Director of HR to develop and implement compensation programs.
- Partner with the Director of Organizational Development for joint projects as needed.
- Assist with administering leave such as FMLA, STD, LTD.
- Create and deliver training content as needed in support of team member engagement and leadership development.
- Serve as a team project manager for key HR projects ties to business initiatives.
- Identify and present recommendations for process improvement and continued growth of the HR team.
- Partner with team members, managers and senior leadership to conduct market research, create presentations, and develop training as needed.
- Responsible for administering onboarding/offboarding processes as needed
- Conduct new hire training as needed
- All other duties as assigned
Job Qualifications & Job Evaluation
Documentation: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a professional Human Resources role
- Preferred- demonstrated expertise in the following functional areas: Compensation administration, Employee Relations, Recruitment, Benefits Administration
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of employment laws and regulations
- Excellent relationship management as well as project management skills
- Excellent communicator; able to provide specific guidance to team members while maintaining an environment of collaboration and partnership
- Ability to understand business plans and to develop impactful HR solutions in response to those plans
- Ability to build effective relationships with HR colleagues to drive results
- Ability to influence team members/leaders at all levels to drive outcome
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and sometimes competing priorities
- Proven team player with excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving.
- Demonstrated understanding, and application of basic Human Resources legal compliance.
- Collaborative, responsive, proactive team player.
- Dedicated team player who is able to withstand the high demands of a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable routinely handling confidential information responsibly.
- Outstanding knowledge of MS office.
Licenses & Certifications
- SHRMP-CP or PHR required
- SHRM-SCP or SPHR preferred
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
Forte Research Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.