Systems Administrator (Madison, WI)
Forte Research Systems is currently seeking a self-motivated professional to join our growing systems administration team. The Systems Administrator wll provide effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure in support of our customers and internal Forte team members.
Essential Job Duties
- Install, configure, patch and support of Forte software products internally and in customer environments.
- Providing Forte product software updates, server/hardware specifications, purchasing guidance, setup and configuration and technical support to our customers.
- Training and supporting customer technical staff on the administration of customer environments.
- Developing and maintaining installation and configuration procedures for Forte software products.
Job Qualifications & Job Evaluation
Documentation: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- High School diploma required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline required; equivalent relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement.
- Minimum 1-4 years of total systems administration experience including 1+ years with Linux/UNIX operating systems or requisite work experience, working knowledge of Windows Server operating systems preferred.
- Working knowledge of networking security, firewalls, VPNs.
- Experience administrating, configuring and installing: JBoss, Apache, Oracle, RedHat/CentOS Linux and Windows Server is preferred
- Working knowledge of clinical trial process and medical informatics is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong team player with ability to brainstorm solutions in a group setting.
- Willingness to learn and apply new technologies and adapt to a changing environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow processes and procedures accurately.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and recommend solutions.
- Good customer interaction skills including listening, writing, and speaking. Ability to confer technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to effectively manage project activities with and through internal relationships including Customer Support, Engineering, Quality Assurance and Project Management.
- Demonstrated accountability in project ownership and solution oriented work approach.
Licenses & Certifications
- A+, Network+, Security+, RHCSA, MCSA, and/or MCSE preferred, not required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Forte Research Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.