Systems Administrator (Madison, WI)
Forte is the industry-leading provider of software and services in the critical areas of clinical trial management, clinical data management and research administration for cancer centers, academic medical centers and health systems.
Forte Research Systems is currently seeking a self-motivated professional to join our growing systems administration team. The Systems Administrator wll provide effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure in support of our customers and internal Forte team members.
Essential Job Duties
- Install, configure, patch and support of Forte software products internally and in customer environments.
- Providing Forte product software updates, server/hardware specifications, purchasing guidance, setup and configuration and technical support to our customers.
- Training and supporting customer technical staff on the administration of customer environments.
- Developing and maintaining installation and configuration procedures for Forte software products.
Job Qualifications & Job Evaluation
Documentation: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- High School diploma required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline required; equivalent relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement.
- Minimum 1-4 years of total systems administration experience including 1+ years with Linux/UNIX operating systems or requisite work experience, working knowledge of Windows Server operating systems preferred.
- Working knowledge of networking security, firewalls, VPNs.
- Experience administrating, configuring and installing: JBoss, Apache, Oracle, RedHat/CentOS Linux and Windows Server is preferred
- Working knowledge of clinical trial process and medical informatics is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong team player with ability to brainstorm solutions in a group setting.
- Willingness to learn and apply new technologies and adapt to a changing environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow processes and procedures accurately.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and recommend solutions.
- Good customer interaction skills including listening, writing, and speaking. Ability to confer technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to effectively manage project activities with and through internal relationships including Customer Support, Engineering, Quality Assurance and Project Management.
- Demonstrated accountability in project ownership and solution oriented work approach.
Licenses & Certifications
- A+, Network+, Security+, RHCSA, MCSA, and/or MCSE preferred, not required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Forte Research Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.