Marketing Content Writer (Madison, WI)
- Help develop and execute Forte’s content marketing strategy on an annual and quarterly basis to ensure goals are met.
- Coordinate an agile editorial calendar to promote content variation and ensure team members’ contributions.
- Coordinate monthly educational webinars to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics.
- Research, write and edit new content to enhance a robust content strategy, including e-books, blog articles, whitepapers, etc.
- Develop innovative ways to educate and connect with our audience to drive awareness and grow subscribers.
- Publish content across a variety of channels, including web, print, email, and social media.
- Help write company content on corporate website, ensuring content is relevant and up-to-date.
- Collaborate with designers, product marketers, sales professionals, and external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience.
- Work with digital marketing manager to optimize content for SEO and lead generation.
- Write monthly content reports to track progress and ensure goals are met.
- Serve as in-house copyeditor for marketing team, reviewing marketing literature for consistency, quality and tone of voice.
- Contribute to positive brand recognition and consistency for Forte.
- Monitor external communications for uniformity in message and brand identity.
- Potentially write press releases, media pitches, byline articles, op-eds, advertorials, etc.
Job Qualifications & Job Evaluation
Documentation: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor degree in Marketing Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or Business OR equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of relevant experience preferred.
- Experience with WordPress or other content management systems preferred.
- Experience with Pardot or other marketing automation software preferred.
- Previous experience within the clinical research or software industry preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
- Ability to understand big picture strategy and develop content tactics to meet goals.
- Ability to produce well-written, informative and interesting content that is original and engaging. A portfolio of previous work will be requested.
- Exceptional editing skills.
- In-depth knowledge of AP Stylebook.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, while also possessing strong organizational skills to work independently.
Licenses & Certifications
- None required
- Ability to lift 25 pounds