Software Business Analyst (Madison, WI)
A successful Software Business Analyst must be passionate about building features that customers love. This role works in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and works with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out features aligned with the product’s vision and roadmap.
- Serve as a liaison between the customer community and the software development life cycle teams.
- Lead the requirements gathering process with customers, subject matter experts, and internal Forte teams.
- Document requirements using the right level of detail for the Engineering and Quality Assurance teams.
- Clarify requirements and update cases as needed throughout the software development life cycle.
- Lead design review and change control meetings by setting the agenda and facilitating the discussion.
- Create and monitor feature and bug cases in the case management system.
- Create mockups, wireframes, and prototypes that illustrate current and future workflows.
- Write release notes for new features that will be delivered to customers.
- Work with a Product Manager to analyze customer problems, how they relate product strategy, and how they can be solved on a product’s roadmap.
- Support the release management process by anticipating case-level risks.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to review test plans, test scenarios, and test cases
- Work with Product Support and Training teams to write product documentation as needed.
- Participate in efforts to improve software development life cycle processes.
Job Qualifications & Job Evaluation
Documentation: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma required.
- BS in Information Technology, Project Management, Science or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of previous experience in software development business analysis.
- Previous experience in clinical research or healthcare technology preferred.
- Previous experience working with a mature product preferred.
- Previous experience working in Health Technology preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Innate curiosity about users, processes, and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and understand the necessary components of a solution through planning, cost/benefit analysis, testing and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, writing, and speaking. Must demonstrate the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Effective technical writing skills, including previous experience documenting user requirements and designing software features.
- Ability to participate in customer-facing group requirement sessions with confidence and conciseness.
- Ability to identify the required stakeholders throughout design, development, and implementation processes.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and build consensus with various internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrated accountability in project ownership.
- Willingness to embrace and drive change.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient in email.
Licenses & Certifications
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.