Systems Administrator - Infrastructure (Madison, WI)
Forte is the industry-leading provider of software and services in the critical areas of clinical trial management, clinical data management and research administration for cancer centers, academic medical centers and health systems.
Essential Job Duties (in order of priority)
- Collaborating across internal teams to understand and meet business requirements.
- Implementing new internal applications and technologies.
- Recommending new methods to increase team efficiency and control costs.
- Developing and maintaining infrastructure support processes and procedures.
- Recommending and designing solutions for disaster recovery.
- Following and helping enforce internal security procedures.
- Participating on team implementing hosted solutions for customer systems.
- Supporting and Maintaining internal infrastructure across the company.
- Continually review and improve system security capabilities.
Job Qualifications & Job Evaluation
Documentation: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline required; equivalent work relevant experience considered in lieu of educational requirement.
- Minimum 3-5 years of total systems administration experience including 3+ years with Windows Server operating systems or requisite work experience. Linux/UNIX experience a plus.
- AWS certification or experience architecting and deploying applications on AWS or similar cloud hosting provider highly desirable.
- Excellent and demonstrated working knowledge of server hardware, VMWare/virtualization concepts, SAN/NAS technologies, monitoring tools, networking, firewalls and VPN site-to-site configurations and infrastructure security.
- Experience automating, scripting and streamlining processes for efficiency and accuracy. Powershell, shell scripting and other scripting methods desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated collaboration skills including listening, writing, and speaking. Must demonstrate the ability to confer technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and understand the necessary components of a solution through analysis, planning, testing and reporting.
- Strong attention to detail to diagnose problems and ensure that solutions address the problem.
- Demonstrate proficient ability to capture and document software/hardware issues.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage project activities with and through internal relationships across all internal teams.
- Demonstrated accountability in project ownership and solution-oriented work approach.
- Planning, organizing, setting objectives and managing time to meet deadlines.
- Ability to periodically work flexible hours to facilitate infrastructure maintenance.
Licenses & Certifications
- AWS certification preferred
- RHCSA, MCSA, MCSE, CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ certifications preferred, not required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Forte Research Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law