Systems Administrator - Infrastructure (Madison, WI)
Essential Job Duties (in order of priority)
- Collaborating across internal teams to understand and meet business requirements.
- Implementing new internal applications and technologies.
- Recommending new methods to increase team efficiency and control costs.
- Developing and maintaining infrastructure support processes and procedures.
- Recommending and designing solutions for disaster recovery.
- Following and helping enforce internal security procedures.
- Participating on team implementing hosted solutions for customer systems.
- Supporting and Maintaining internal infrastructure across the company.
- Continually review and improve system security capabilities.
Job Qualifications & Job Evaluation
Documentation: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline required; equivalent work relevant experience considered in lieu of educational requirement.
- Minimum 3-5 years of total systems administration experience including 3+ years with Windows Server operating systems or requisite work experience. Linux/UNIX experience a plus.
- AWS certification or experience architecting and deploying applications on AWS or similar cloud hosting provider highly desirable.
- Excellent and demonstrated working knowledge of server hardware, VMWare/virtualization concepts, SAN/NAS technologies, monitoring tools, networking, firewalls and VPN site-to-site configurations and infrastructure security.
- Experience automating, scripting and streamlining processes for efficiency and accuracy. Powershell, shell scripting and other scripting methods desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated collaboration skills including listening, writing, and speaking. Must demonstrate the ability to confer technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and understand the necessary components of a solution through analysis, planning, testing and reporting.
- Strong attention to detail to diagnose problems and ensure that solutions address the problem.
- Demonstrate proficient ability to capture and document software/hardware issues.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage project activities with and through internal relationships across all internal teams.
- Demonstrated accountability in project ownership and solution-oriented work approach.
- Planning, organizing, setting objectives and managing time to meet deadlines.
- Ability to periodically work flexible hours to facilitate infrastructure maintenance.
Licenses & Certifications
- AWS certification preferred
- RHCSA, MCSA, MCSE, CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ certifications preferred, not required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Forte Research Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law