Software Business Analyst-Nimblify
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
To translate business and user requirements through conversations with customers and subject matter experts into functional requirements, specified in an appropriate level of detail that can be used for development. Internal project management to assist with release management and planning activities to ensure the SDLC process is effectively planned and executed.
Essential Job Duties (in order of priority):
60% Lead product requirement gathering and development efforts by:
- Serving as a liaison between the customer community and the software development team to gather and communicate requirements which help define and verify product design.
- Eliciting, analyzing, specifying, validating, and managing the true needs of customers and end users through focus groups.
- Translating business and user requirements through conversations with customers into functional requirements, specified in an appropriate level of detail that can be used for development.
- Creating visual modeling or diagramming of the current and proposed work flows.
- Generating feature and bug cases in the issue/change tracking system.
- Documenting requirements and specifications throughout the requirements and design development cycle.
- Leading cross-functional design meetings including agenda preparation and meeting facilitation.
- Conducting follow up conversations with customers, as needed.
- Serve as a resource for engineering and quality assurance; clarifying requirements throughout the software development life cycle.
- Maintaining and updating requirements documentation as needed throughout the software development life cycle.
- Participate in discussions with customers to hear how users are using the software and documenting possible conceptual requirements, enhancements, one-off requests and interface needs.
- Working with the product manager to document the product's vision and the project's scope.
- Supporting the broader team by communicating and training new functionality internally prior to releases
- Collaborating with the development team, product & training specialists, business development team, international teams, product management, and upper management on various activities that will improve the product.
30% Project management to assist with release management by:
- Work with Cross-Functional teams to define detailed plans, manage and monitor product development and release cycles across products using agile methodology.
- Work with software development lifecycle (SDLC) team to understand and manage cross team interdependencies.
- Optimize release level reporting and metrics to be used by the SDLC team to monitor release scope, resourcing and progress relative to the plan.
- Support standardized and consistent product release management; work closely with SDLC team to challenge our release approach and optimize it.
- Track progress, evaluate and communicate risks / project issues, and work with teams to establish mitigation plans.
- Escalate incoming requests from Sales, Project Management and Support teams for critical enhancement requests, defect resolution and software patches to Product Management. Work with Product Management to incorporate these requests into applicable release cycles.
- Work with product SDLC teams to confirm all release readiness activities are complete prior to releasing product to customers.
- Monitor adherence to existing Quality Management System (QMS) process, work instruction and guidance documentation.
10% Verify the developed product meets the intended business need by:
- Obtaining knowledge and understanding of external standards and guidelines as they apply to Nimblify products (ex: NCI, NIH guidelines; integration standards).
- Working with the Quality Assurance team to record and/or review test plans, test scenarios, and test cases results in preparation for regression testing and product validation.
- Identifying, documenting and reporting discovered product anomalies and recommending options to increase software consistency.
- Working with Product Support to write product documentation, as needed.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma required.
- BS in Information Technology, Project Management, Science or related field.
- 2+ years of previous experience in software development business analysis.
- Previous experience in related software development lifecycle activities or support.
- Previous experience in clinical research a plus.
Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Previous release and/or project management experience with a solid understanding of project management principles.
- Creative problem solving skills; able to navigate through ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and understand the necessary components of a solution through analysis, planning, evaluation of cost/benefit, testing and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, writing, and speaking. Must demonstrate the ability to confer technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Effective technical writing skills including previous experience in writing procedures or processes relevant to documenting requirements and product design plans.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate and build consensus with various audiences, plan and manage project activities while facilitating and developing business strategy through internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated accountability in project ownership and solution oriented work approach
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient in email.
Licenses & Certifications
Share This Position
Forte Research Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local laws.