Data Visualization Engineer-Nimblify
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
The Nimblify team is growing! The Data Visualization Engineer is a new position, responsible for developing interactive visualizations and dashboards that provide actionable insights as part of our newest product offering, Research Insights. The Data Visualization Engineer will work with cross-functional teams, leadership and external collaborators and customers to identify requirements and produce visualizations. Primary responsibilities of the Data Visualization Engineer include ensuring quality data structures for the analysis of data, use of proper statistical analyses, and implementing visualization best practices in created content through Tableau.
The Nimblify product line is dedicated to bringing innovative solutions to multiple stakeholders in the clinical research industry. We are dedicated to helping our customers in the clinical research industry be better equipped to work smarter and ultimately drive better and faster results in clinical trials. This position will directly help to drive toward those goals through Research Insights.
Specific duties include:
- Work with Director of Data Analytics to understand and interpret data requests of business stakeholders and prioritize appropriately.
- Work with the Engineering team to determine source of needed data.
- Design visualization requirements through the collection of business requirements, determination of available data sources, and mapping of data collection fields.
- Utilize best statistical practices to accurately calculate needed metrics.
- Create standard and custom visualizations that meet customer parameters while ensuring data validity, statistical integrity, and maximizing user experience.
- Create visual modeling or diagramming of the current and proposed work flows.
- Generate feature and bug cases in the issue/change tracking system.
- Document requirements and specifications throughout the requirements design and development cycles.
- Assist with design and development of database tables to optimize reporting and dashboards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Business, clinical or other related quantitative field required; equivalent relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement
- Minimum of 2 years building analytics/ visualization solutions preferably through Tableau (or similar BI tools)
- Knowledge of basic statistics
- Knowledge of visualization best practices
- Experience with requirements gathering, analysis and documentation
- Ability to gather, manage and synthesize large amounts of information effectively and creatively
- Basic understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - process for planning, creating, testing and deploying an information system
- High level of initiative and work well in a team environment
Share This Position
Forte Research Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local laws.